Do you have questions about your retirement benefit plan? Our advocates are here to help you to:
- understand the terms of your retirement benefit plan
- track down retirement benefits from past employers
- work through the plan’s claims and appeals procedures
- understand and interpret spousal and survivor benefits
- understand your rights and options in benefit overpayment situations
- research the potential benefits listed in Social Security Administration Potential Private Retirement Benefit Information letters
We can help with pensions sponsored by private companies, unions, railroads, local and state governments and the U.S. government
Our services are provided FREE OF CHARGE to people who live or have worked in Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.
Read about some of our pension assistance success stories. Watch a video about our pension project.
Toll-free: (866) 413-4911
In Sacramento: (916) 930-4911
About the Western States Pension Assistance Project
The Western States Pension Assistance Project is a project of Legal Services of Northern California and the California Senior Legal Hotline. It is funded primarily by a grant from the federal Administration on Aging, and our services are available to people of all ages and income levels. The project provides free pension counseling and assistance to people who live in, or earned their retirement benefit in California, Arizona, Hawaii and Nevada. Our goal is to protect and promote the retirement income security of workers, retirees and their families. We have helped our clients recover over $16 million in earned retirement benefits.
Are you or your pension outside our service area? You may be able to access free help from other pension counseling projects located throughout the country.